Holiday Safety Tips for Your Business in Akron, Ohio
Be safe and enjoy your holidays from your friends at SERVPRO of West Akron.
Holiday decorations are hung with care at home, but some businesses even enjoy the festive lights, trees, and hanging décor to fill the hallways and foyers for their employees and customers. It its important that companies have a set of safety measures that may not be present during the rest of the year.
Follow these top 10 safety tips to ensure a safe and happy holiday workplace:
- Do not block any exits. Keep all walkways free of wires, cords, boxes, or any of the material you are putting up. When people are working in a disorderly fashion, they can easily trip and fall.
- Do not put any decorations on sprinklers. It is essential to verify that none of your decorations block exit signage or fire safety equipment.
- Place Christmas tree in an area that is not near any heating elements.
- Consider an artificial tree, which poses less risk than a live one. If you have a live tree, make sure that it is properly watered, so it does not dry out, which is a fire hazard.
- Prior to use, inspect lights and extension cords for defects or damage. Check for loose connections, cracked or broken sockets and bare or frayed wires. Replace burned-out or broken light bulbs. Workers should report all defects to their supervisor.
- Make sure you do not create a maze of wires, cords and plugs when plugging in Christmas lighting.
- Never use outdoor lights indoors.
- Make sure Christmas lights and other electrical outdoor decorations are plugged into a ground-fault circuit interrupter. This device helps prevent electric shock and fire.
- Never use nails or tacks to secure cords of lights. Also, do not run strings of lights through hooks.
- Always turn off Christmas lights before leaving the business premises. Never leave them on overnight.
Keep all relevant OSHA regulations in mind when decorating your workplace: both when in the process of decorating and making sure you do not create new safety hazards that will last for the duration of the month.
If you experience a fire loss in your commercial building, call SERVPRO of West Akron at 330-867-5723 to restore and rebuild.
Why Should You Call SERVPRO During Your Emergency?
Our crews are available 24 hours a day to take your call for fire, water and storm damage cleanup and restoration at 330-867-5723.
Fire or water damage emergencies rarely happen during a convenient time of day or night that is why SERVPRO is available 24/7/365. A water or fire damage event can be traumatic and when you call, we understand you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. Our staff is prepared for whatever is required. We are a locally owned and operated company with the ability to respond to your call no matter the size! Our goal is to provide you with the quickest and most professional restoration experience. We know that emergency situations are never an enjoyable time, but we strive to make life get back to normal quickly and smoothly.
When you call, Tracy or Rhonda, our office specialists will ask several questions regarding your water or fire damage emergency. Once, we have all the details we will dispatch our estimator and experienced cleanup technicians immediately.
Our SERVPRO Specialist will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
If you have a fire, water, or mold emergency in your home or business call us IMMEDIATELY! We are here to help!
Need Emergency Service… Call Us 24/7/365 at 330-867-5723!
We are Available 24/7 If A Fire Has Damaged Your Akron, Ohio Restaurant
We are available 24-hours a day to cleanup and restore a commercial restaurant fire at 330-867-5723.
In the restaurant business, sometimes accidents happen. A commercial fire damage is a common risk that, with diligence and regular maintenance, can be mitigated almost entirely. However, when a grease fire during a busy service covers your kitchen in unsightly soot, it can be overwhelming to consider the amount of cleanup that needs to take place before you re-open your doors.
Fortunately, when you have commercial fire damage in your Fort Lauderdale small business, our IICRC certified SERVPRO of West Akron technicians are here to help restore your commercial business to its preloss condition while observing all regulations and codes so that you can get back to business quickly.
When our SERVPRO crews come to your business, we can thoroughly wipe down your fixtures to prevent soot corroding your utensils, furniture, and electronics. Our team can clean your fixtures to eliminate future fire risks that you may have been unaware of previously. Grease and proteins burned in fires can leave filmy residues that impart foul odors on surfaces in your kitchen, and untreated soot can corrode surfaces if allowed to go acidic.
Another concern after soot cleanup is the elimination of odor, we have the training and equipment to identify and eliminate these offensive odors. By identifying the cause of the odor, and determining the conditions where it contacts surfaces, the odor can often be removed over time without a trace by using industrial-grade box fans, HEPA air scrubbers with carbon and potassium permanganate filters, and even sprayers to address odor-causing particles and on charred stainless steel fixtures . Our technicians have access to several odor removal products capable of penetrating surfaces to neutralize an unpleasant odor thoroughly.
SERVPRO of West Akron is dedicated to fire, water, storm and mold damage cleanup in residential home and commercial buildings. If you need our services to mitigate damage from a disaster in your business, call us today at 330-867-5723.
We Are a Local Franchise SERVPRO
The SERVPRO of West Akron marketing team builds relationships with our local business and community members.
When you hear the name SERVPRO on a television commercial you now that it is the company you would call to clean up and restore your home or business after a water or fire disaster. SERVPRO is a national brand and the #1 leading company in its industry. When you call SERVPRO you are getting the BEST! The local SERVPRO of West Akron franchise services Akron, Fairlawn, Stow, Tallmadge, Cuyahoga Falls and Munroe Falls communities.
How does calling our local franchise number benefit you?
Every day our sales team and production team are out building relationships within our community. We visit local insurance agents, adjusters, property managers, and business owners informing them of our services and the benefits of using our company. SERVPRO is a preferred vendor to most insurance companies. We belong to our local chambers by supporting local business openings, donating, and sponsoring local events and school sports and dropping off food to local fire and police departments.
Being local is like being family, so when that water or fire emergency strikes your home or business, please give us a call. We take care of you like your family! We are here to help at 330-867-5723!
Difference Between Mitigation & Restoration
SERVPRO of West Akron can mitigate and restore a water damaged basement to make it look "Like it never even happened."
There is a difference between the terms mitigation and restoration. After a severe rainstorm in Akron, Ohio a homeowner has realized that their basement has flooded. Immediate action needs to be done to concentrate on minimizing the amount of damage that has occurred. In this scenario, mitigation is the process of cleaning up the water and the damaged areas before secondary damage like mold grows. The mitigation crews use specialized equipment such as dehumidifiers, air scrubbers, moisture meters, and air movers to remove all moisture from the structure. Though a flood cleanup company can service the homeowner with mitigation efforts, it may be preferable to contact a water damage restoration company that can assist with restoring the damaged areas.
After the mitigation has been completed and the water damaged areas are reading dried, the process of restoration begins in returning the home to its original condition. This is normally longer than the process of mitigation. Restoration efforts can take months and often must be done in parts. Professionals often will try to restore damaged items before considering replacement, although replacing items is sometimes necessary. From our scenario in the first paragraph, if the carpet in the basement is unsalvageable after trying to mitigate the carpet, the homeowner will then need to pick, order, and install new carpeting.
SERVPRO of West Akron is your one-stop shop from mitigation to restoration from a water, fire, or storm disaster. After our crews have performed the cleanup services, we can smoothly transition into the reconstruction services to help restore your home or business back to preloss condition, so it looks “Like it never even happened.” Call us 24/7 at 330-867-5723.
Why Choose SERVPRO of West Akron for Water Damage Restoration
If you experience water damage from an overflow from your bathroom sink, toilet or bathtub, call SERVPRO of West Akron to cleanup & restore your home.
If you ever have flooding or water damage in your home you might wonder who among all the restoration and clean up companies to call. SERVPRO has over 50 years of experience, highly trained certified technicians, 24-hour emergency service, locally owned and operated, and a trusted leader in the restoration industry.
Our SERVPRO services for residential and commercial:
- Fire, Smoke, and Soot Restoration
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Catastrophic Storm Response
- Move-Out and Content Restoration
- Document Drying
- Contents Claim Inventory Services
- Biohazard, Crime Scene and Vandalism Clean up
- Post Construction Cleaning
- Rebuild & Reconstruction
- Emergency Board-ups and Roof Tarps
- Disinfecting Cleaning against Viral Pathogens
Company and Technician Certifications:
- EPA – Lead Certified Firm
- IICRC – Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration
- CDS – Commercial Drying Specialist
- WRT – Water Damage Restoration
- ASCA – Air Systems Cleaning Specialist
- OSHA – OSHA Training and Compliance
- FSRT – Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- AMRT – Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- Plus, many more
Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry and countless homeowners! In the unfortunate event of a fire or water damage, call SERVPRO® of West Akron. We will respond 24/7 with trained employees, state-of-the-art equipment and the resources required to perform emergency services to limit property damages. Call us at 330-867-5723 or visit our website at: https://www.SERVPROwestakron.com/water-damage-restoration.
Flooding Damage Cleanup & Restoration in Akron, Ohio
Flooding can cause major damage. Call SERVPRO of West Akron if you need water restoration and cleanup at 330-867-5723.
Flash flooding can happen quickly after a heavy severe storm sweeps through the Akron, Ohio area.
3 Flood Facts:
1. Heavy rain can bring dangerous flash flooding.
2. 6 inches of moving water can knock down a person
3. 2 feet of moving water can sweep a vehicle away
What to do if in a vehicle when there is flooding?
• Climb to higher ground and stay there.
• Avoid walking through floodwaters – even 15 centimetres deep can sweep you off your feet.
• If floodwaters rise around your car but the water is not moving, abandon the car and move to higher ground.
• Never drive through a flooded road or low-water bridge as the road may be washed away.
• If you get swept away in the flood waters, try to grab onto anything you can to pull yourself to safety.
• Getting swept away while inside your vehicle can be extremely dangerous. If you are stuck inside your vehicle, roll down the windows and open the doors to allow water into your vehicle. Doing this will equal the pressure on both sides of the door, allowing you to escape your vehicle.
3 Basic Tips if flooding occurs in your home:
• Stop the water at its source.
• Turn off the electricity (only if you can do so without stepping into water).
• Evacuate the premises.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call SERVPRO of West Akron at 330-867-5723.
Fire Escape Plan Ideas for Homeowners in Tallmadge, Ohio
If you experience fire damage to your Tallmadge, Ohio house, Call SERVPRO of West Akron to clean up and restore.
Every second counts during a fire. It crucial to be prepared! Having a fire escape plan in place can be the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy. A survey conducted by the American Red Cross shows only 26% of families and businesses have developed and practiced the fire escape plan. Once you have created your plan, it is imperative that everyone understands and practices the plan.
The following are a few ideas to help develop your fire escape plan:
- Draw a map of each level of your home or business and show all the doors and windows. Find a secondary exit of each room in case the primary exit is blocked. Check all doors and windows regularly to make sure they open easily.
- Consider escape ladders on the second and third floors. Store them in an easy assessable area to where they will be used.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Choose an outside meeting place a safe distance in front of your home where everyone can meet.
- Teach children how to scape on their own in case you cannot help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Teach your children not to be afraid of firefighters, so they can locate them in the house if they are trapped.
Call SERVPRO of West Akron at 330-867-5723 for all your fire damage needs!
SERVPRO can Help after a Storm in Akron, Ohio
SERVPRO of West Akron can help restore any size storm damage to your home or business in Akron, Ohio.
September is National Preparedness Month. It is important to make a plan, build an emergency supply kit, prepare for disasters and to teach youth about preparedness. If you would like to learn more click on this link: https://www.ready.gov/september.
SERVPRO of West Akron is prepared to help our customers to clean up and restore their homes and businesses after disasters. Our company has trucks, trailers, equipment, and a knowledgeable staff that can handle any size flood, fire, or water damage. Every large loss is supervised by a certified operations manager to ensure timely mitigation is performed. Being that we are a locally owned and operated, we can respond faster to lessen the damage and limits further damage. SERVPRO of West Akron understand the inconvenience, devastation and frustration that comes with catastrophe disasters. We are here to help clean up and restore any size disaster. We not only will restore your property but to also restore your lives.
Flood or storm damage can cause great loss and havoc. It is important to choose the right company that will professionally restore your home or business as well as communicate with the insurance company. SERVPRO of West Akron has been working with Akron, Cuyahoga Falls, Stow and surrounding home and business owners for decades and has become a well know name throughout Summit County. Please read some of our great reviews.
Visit http://www.SERVPROwestakron.com for more information on storm damage cleanup and restoration or call 330-867-5723.
Coronavirus/Covid -19 Cleaning Experts in Akron, Ohio
Call SERVPRO of West Akron for a proactive cleaning against the spread of the Coronavirus.
We Are Coronavirus & Biohazard Cleaning Experts
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continues to respond to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus that was first detected in China and has now spread internationally. While the virus is termed coronavirus, the sickness that results after infection has been termed COVID-19.
As the coronavirus pandemic continues, government officials inform the public to protect themselves and those around them. To protect your employees in the Akron, Ohio area SERVPRO of West Akron offers a proactive cleaning to all businesses in Summit County.
We use a misting machine that sprays a product that is EPA registered as a no rinse, no wipe botanical disinfectant, fungicide, virucide*, tuberculocide, cleaner and deodorizer. Our crews to protect themselves follow the CDC guidelines wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) such as a respirator, Tyvek suits, show covers and gloves.
During this unprecedented time, let our knowledgeable, trained crews that have years of experience help clean, disinfect, and sanitize against the coronavirus at your business.
For specialized cleaning services, including the new Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned defensive pathogen cleaning program, call SERVPRO of West Akron today at 330-867-5723.