Difference Between Mitigation & Restoration
SERVPRO of West Akron can mitigate and restore a water damaged basement to make it look "Like it never even happened."
There is a difference between the terms mitigation and restoration. After a severe rainstorm in Akron, Ohio a homeowner has realized that their basement has flooded. Immediate action needs to be done to concentrate on minimizing the amount of damage that has occurred. In this scenario, mitigation is the process of cleaning up the water and the damaged areas before secondary damage like mold grows. The mitigation crews use specialized equipment such as dehumidifiers, air scrubbers, moisture meters, and air movers to remove all moisture from the structure. Though a flood cleanup company can service the homeowner with mitigation efforts, it may be preferable to contact a water damage restoration company that can assist with restoring the damaged areas.
After the mitigation has been completed and the water damaged areas are reading dried, the process of restoration begins in returning the home to its original condition. This is normally longer than the process of mitigation. Restoration efforts can take months and often must be done in parts. Professionals often will try to restore damaged items before considering replacement, although replacing items is sometimes necessary. From our scenario in the first paragraph, if the carpet in the basement is unsalvageable after trying to mitigate the carpet, the homeowner will then need to pick, order, and install new carpeting.
SERVPRO of West Akron is your one-stop shop from mitigation to restoration from a water, fire, or storm disaster. After our crews have performed the cleanup services, we can smoothly transition into the reconstruction services to help restore your home or business back to preloss condition, so it looks “Like it never even happened.” Call us 24/7 at 330-867-5723.
Why Choose SERVPRO of West Akron for Water Damage Restoration
If you experience water damage from an overflow from your bathroom sink, toilet or bathtub, call SERVPRO of West Akron to cleanup & restore your home.
If you ever have flooding or water damage in your home you might wonder who among all the restoration and clean up companies to call. SERVPRO has over 50 years of experience, highly trained certified technicians, 24-hour emergency service, locally owned and operated, and a trusted leader in the restoration industry.
Our SERVPRO services for residential and commercial:
- Fire, Smoke, and Soot Restoration
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Catastrophic Storm Response
- Move-Out and Content Restoration
- Document Drying
- Contents Claim Inventory Services
- Biohazard, Crime Scene and Vandalism Clean up
- Post Construction Cleaning
- Rebuild & Reconstruction
- Emergency Board-ups and Roof Tarps
- Disinfecting Cleaning against Viral Pathogens
Company and Technician Certifications:
- EPA – Lead Certified Firm
- IICRC – Institute of Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration
- CDS – Commercial Drying Specialist
- WRT – Water Damage Restoration
- ASCA – Air Systems Cleaning Specialist
- OSHA – OSHA Training and Compliance
- FSRT – Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
- AMRT – Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- Plus, many more
Our track record of results has earned us the trust of the insurance industry and countless homeowners! In the unfortunate event of a fire or water damage, call SERVPRO® of West Akron. We will respond 24/7 with trained employees, state-of-the-art equipment and the resources required to perform emergency services to limit property damages. Call us at 330-867-5723 or visit our website at: https://www.SERVPROwestakron.com/water-damage-restoration.
Flooding Damage Cleanup & Restoration in Akron, Ohio
Flooding can cause major damage. Call SERVPRO of West Akron if you need water restoration and cleanup at 330-867-5723.
Flash flooding can happen quickly after a heavy severe storm sweeps through the Akron, Ohio area.
3 Flood Facts:
1. Heavy rain can bring dangerous flash flooding.
2. 6 inches of moving water can knock down a person
3. 2 feet of moving water can sweep a vehicle away
What to do if in a vehicle when there is flooding?
• Climb to higher ground and stay there.
• Avoid walking through floodwaters – even 15 centimetres deep can sweep you off your feet.
• If floodwaters rise around your car but the water is not moving, abandon the car and move to higher ground.
• Never drive through a flooded road or low-water bridge as the road may be washed away.
• If you get swept away in the flood waters, try to grab onto anything you can to pull yourself to safety.
• Getting swept away while inside your vehicle can be extremely dangerous. If you are stuck inside your vehicle, roll down the windows and open the doors to allow water into your vehicle. Doing this will equal the pressure on both sides of the door, allowing you to escape your vehicle.
3 Basic Tips if flooding occurs in your home:
• Stop the water at its source.
• Turn off the electricity (only if you can do so without stepping into water).
• Evacuate the premises.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call SERVPRO of West Akron at 330-867-5723.
Fire Escape Plan Ideas for Homeowners in Tallmadge, Ohio
If you experience fire damage to your Tallmadge, Ohio house, Call SERVPRO of West Akron to clean up and restore.
Every second counts during a fire. It crucial to be prepared! Having a fire escape plan in place can be the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy. A survey conducted by the American Red Cross shows only 26% of families and businesses have developed and practiced the fire escape plan. Once you have created your plan, it is imperative that everyone understands and practices the plan.
The following are a few ideas to help develop your fire escape plan:
- Draw a map of each level of your home or business and show all the doors and windows. Find a secondary exit of each room in case the primary exit is blocked. Check all doors and windows regularly to make sure they open easily.
- Consider escape ladders on the second and third floors. Store them in an easy assessable area to where they will be used.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Choose an outside meeting place a safe distance in front of your home where everyone can meet.
- Teach children how to scape on their own in case you cannot help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Teach your children not to be afraid of firefighters, so they can locate them in the house if they are trapped.
Call SERVPRO of West Akron at 330-867-5723 for all your fire damage needs!
SERVPRO can Help after a Storm in Akron, Ohio
SERVPRO of West Akron can help restore any size storm damage to your home or business in Akron, Ohio.
September is National Preparedness Month. It is important to make a plan, build an emergency supply kit, prepare for disasters and to teach youth about preparedness. If you would like to learn more click on this link: https://www.ready.gov/september.
SERVPRO of West Akron is prepared to help our customers to clean up and restore their homes and businesses after disasters. Our company has trucks, trailers, equipment, and a knowledgeable staff that can handle any size flood, fire, or water damage. Every large loss is supervised by a certified operations manager to ensure timely mitigation is performed. Being that we are a locally owned and operated, we can respond faster to lessen the damage and limits further damage. SERVPRO of West Akron understand the inconvenience, devastation and frustration that comes with catastrophe disasters. We are here to help clean up and restore any size disaster. We not only will restore your property but to also restore your lives.
Flood or storm damage can cause great loss and havoc. It is important to choose the right company that will professionally restore your home or business as well as communicate with the insurance company. SERVPRO of West Akron has been working with Akron, Cuyahoga Falls, Stow and surrounding home and business owners for decades and has become a well know name throughout Summit County. Please read some of our great reviews.
Visit http://www.SERVPROwestakron.com for more information on storm damage cleanup and restoration or call 330-867-5723.
Coronavirus/Covid -19 Cleaning Experts in Akron, Ohio
Call SERVPRO of West Akron for a proactive cleaning against the spread of the Coronavirus.
We Are Coronavirus & Biohazard Cleaning Experts
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continues to respond to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus that was first detected in China and has now spread internationally. While the virus is termed coronavirus, the sickness that results after infection has been termed COVID-19.
As the coronavirus pandemic continues, government officials inform the public to protect themselves and those around them. To protect your employees in the Akron, Ohio area SERVPRO of West Akron offers a proactive cleaning to all businesses in Summit County.
We use a misting machine that sprays a product that is EPA registered as a no rinse, no wipe botanical disinfectant, fungicide, virucide*, tuberculocide, cleaner and deodorizer. Our crews to protect themselves follow the CDC guidelines wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) such as a respirator, Tyvek suits, show covers and gloves.
During this unprecedented time, let our knowledgeable, trained crews that have years of experience help clean, disinfect, and sanitize against the coronavirus at your business.
For specialized cleaning services, including the new Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned defensive pathogen cleaning program, call SERVPRO of West Akron today at 330-867-5723.
5 Tips to Reinforce Your Home Before the Next Storm
If your home has been damaged by a recent storm in Stow, call SERVPRO of West Akron at 330-867-5723.
When the temperature and humidity rise, thunderstorms can pop up any time on a summer day. While many storms maybe a light passing rain shower, sometimes a thunderstorm will produce wind, hail, and flooding. It is important to make sure you follow these 5 simple tips to help reinforce your home before the next storm.
Things to know about strengthening your home before the next storm (Information from weather.gov )
1. Keep trees around your home trimmed well before storm to prevent damage from broken branches.
2. Have the proper materials in advance to board up your windows to protect them from flying debris.
3. Bring loose outdoor items such as patio furniture inside. They can blow around and cause damage to homes.
4. Secure all doors on your property. Remember that the garage door is usually the most vulnerable.
5. Move your car inside the garage or to another secure location.
If you have been affected by a storm event, call SERVPRO of West Akron at 330-867-5723. We are available 24/7 to assist clean up and restore your home after a storm damage.
Fire Damage to Your Belongings in Your Akron Home
Hire the best Fire Cleanup & Restoration Company in Akron, Ohio. Call SERVPRO of West Akron at 330-867-5723.
Experiencing a fire is always challenging. SERVPRO of West Akron has helped many families and businesses restore their property after such a devastating tragedy. Smoke and soot can affect the structure, but also your belongings inside. The sooner you start the cleanup and restoration process the quicker you will get back in your home or back to business. Our crews have the knowledge and experience to determine what to do with your salvageable and unsalvageable materials after a fire.
It is important to make a list of all damaged materials. Depending on the insurance policy, you can get reimbursed for the replacement of damaged items.
After your home or business has been declared by the fire department as safe to enter, you should start making an inventory of all the items that have been damaged in the fire. The list should include all appliances, furniture, decorations, and personal items.
Insurance companies may require you to provide documentation of ownership. This includes receipts, brand name, price, serial number, and a description. If you do not have access to receipts, then try to go through your bank statements or even find photographs in which the item is visible.
It is important to remove any salvageable materials quickly after the fire. Soot and smoke can start deteriorating the unaffected items. The longer items stay secondary damage may occur which could create a complicated situation with insurance.
It is significant to contact the insurance company before any cleaning or restoration work begins. The insurance adjuster will provide a detailed scope of work that will be covered by insurance. If needed, you may need to rent a storage unit or pod to keep any possessions while the structure is being cleaned and rebuilt. Some restoration companies may pack out all the belongings to bring back to their warehouse to clean and store.
A fire can do significant damage to your structure and belongings, some that is irreversible. Consulting and hiring a restoration expert can help you determine if the items are salvageable or unsalvageable. SERVPRO of West Akron can determine if the items can be restored or need to be replaced. Our number one goal is to save anything we possibly can, and make it "Like it never even happened." Contact our IICRC certified crews to help restore and rebuild your home or business after a fire at 330-867-5723.
Updating your Insurance Before the Next Storm
If your Tallmadge home has been damaged by wind, hail or heavy rain, call SERVPRO of West Akron at 330-867-5723.
Most houses are resilient to wind, hail, and rain, but severe weather can bring on much harsher conditions. It is important to know what your insurance will cover if your home is severely damaged by the next thunderstorm.
Things to know about updating your insurance before the next storm (Information from weather.gov)
1. Check your insurance policies well ahead of the storm to see what is covered.
2. Make sure you have flood insurance. Flooding is the leading cause of damage from heavy rain fall.
3. Visit floodsmart.gov to learn about your flood risk and flood insurance options for your area.
4. Prepare your home and vehicles according to your specific insurance policies to ensure damages are covered.
5. Know where your insurance documents and contact information are located. Take them with you if you need to leave your home.
If your home sustains damage due to a storm, you can count on us to help. Contact SERVPRO of West Akron at any hour to learn more about our storm restoration process at 330-867-5723.
Call SERVPRO for Water Damage Cleanup in Akron
SERVPRO of West Akron can restore your home after a pipe-break water damage in Akron, Ohio.
It is important to know where your main water shut-off valve is in your home or business. When a water damage occurs, it is essential to turn off the main switch. Water can cause major damage and the quicker you can stop the easier and less costly the water cleanup and restoration will be. Water damage can range from burst pipes, natural disasters, flooding, ground infiltration, or even sewer lines. Local restoration companies have the knowledge and equipment to clean up the water damage. Trying to repair extensive water or sewage damage yourself could make the problem worse or not drying your areas completely could cause secondary damage such as the growth of mold.
Who do you call if you have a water damage?
SERVPRO of West Akron follows highly regulated processes to ensure that the water damage restoration not only is effective, but also provides a safe place for occupants during and after the restoration process. Emergency services are available 24 hours a day – 7 days a week to restore your home to "Like it never even happened."
Call SERVPRO of West Akron your local water restoration and cleanup company at 330-867-5723!