Updating your Insurance Before the Next Storm
Most houses are resilient to wind, hail, and rain, but severe weather can bring on much harsher conditions. It is important to know what your insurance will cover if your home is severely damaged by the next thunderstorm.
Things to know about updating your insurance before the next storm (Information from weather.gov)
1. Check your insurance policies well ahead of the storm to see what is covered.
2. Make sure you have flood insurance. Flooding is the leading cause of damage from heavy rain fall.
3. Visit floodsmart.gov to learn about your flood risk and flood insurance options for your area.
4. Prepare your home and vehicles according to your specific insurance policies to ensure damages are covered.
5. Know where your insurance documents and contact information are located. Take them with you if you need to leave your home.
If your home sustains damage due to a storm, you can count on us to help. Contact SERVPRO of West Akron at any hour to learn more about our storm restoration process at 330-867-5723.