FInding Mold in Akron, Ohio
Mold can be seen by the naked eye, but it also can hide behind and underneath places in your home. Mold needs moist areas to begin growing. You may walk into your home or business and smell musty, mildew - moldy smell….here are the top 5 areas that may have mold hidden in your home in Akron, Ohio.
- In Your Walls - The number one place to check for hidden mold is in your walls. If you find mold on the walls its likely you have mold growth inside your walls. Moldy drywall is one of the worst culprits for spreading mold.
- Under Your Carpet and Flooring - The moment your carpet gets wet it becomes a breeding ground for mold. You can also find mold on wood flooring, laminate flooring and can take place on the undersides of tile. The mold feeds on the glue and any moisture trapped there.
- In Storage Areas - Basements, closets, and other storage areas are dark and cool and suffer from water leaks that go unnoticed and therefore ideal for mold growth. Storage areas usually contain cardboard boxes that contain organic matter that mold loves to grow on.
- In Your Ceilings - If there is mold in your walls, then more likely there is mold on your ceilings.
- Behind Furniture – Check behind furniture that is pressed against walls that may trap moisture and create ideal conditions for mold to breed.
Call SERVPRO of West Akron to mitigate mold found in your home or business in Akron, Ohio at 330-867-5753.