Flooding Damage Cleanup & Restoration in Akron, Ohio
Flash flooding can happen quickly after a heavy severe storm sweeps through the Akron, Ohio area.
3 Flood Facts:
1. Heavy rain can bring dangerous flash flooding.
2. 6 inches of moving water can knock down a person
3. 2 feet of moving water can sweep a vehicle away
What to do if in a vehicle when there is flooding?
• Climb to higher ground and stay there.
• Avoid walking through floodwaters – even 15 centimetres deep can sweep you off your feet.
• If floodwaters rise around your car but the water is not moving, abandon the car and move to higher ground.
• Never drive through a flooded road or low-water bridge as the road may be washed away.
• If you get swept away in the flood waters, try to grab onto anything you can to pull yourself to safety.
• Getting swept away while inside your vehicle can be extremely dangerous. If you are stuck inside your vehicle, roll down the windows and open the doors to allow water into your vehicle. Doing this will equal the pressure on both sides of the door, allowing you to escape your vehicle.
3 Basic Tips if flooding occurs in your home:
• Stop the water at its source.
• Turn off the electricity (only if you can do so without stepping into water).
• Evacuate the premises.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call SERVPRO of West Akron at 330-867-5723.