5 Tips to Reinforce Your Home Before the Next Storm
When the temperature and humidity rise, thunderstorms can pop up any time on a summer day. While many storms maybe a light passing rain shower, sometimes a thunderstorm will produce wind, hail, and flooding. It is important to make sure you follow these 5 simple tips to help reinforce your home before the next storm.
Things to know about strengthening your home before the next storm (Information from weather.gov )
1. Keep trees around your home trimmed well before storm to prevent damage from broken branches.
2. Have the proper materials in advance to board up your windows to protect them from flying debris.
3. Bring loose outdoor items such as patio furniture inside. They can blow around and cause damage to homes.
4. Secure all doors on your property. Remember that the garage door is usually the most vulnerable.
5. Move your car inside the garage or to another secure location.
If you have been affected by a storm event, call SERVPRO of West Akron at 330-867-5723. We are available 24/7 to assist clean up and restore your home after a storm damage.