Flooding Preparation During Winter Weather Storms
During the changes in weather from snow to rain in Akron, Ohio there is a potential of flooding. Here are a few ways you can prepare for potential flooding:
- Check with your local council about local flood plans or records which detail problem areas
- Ask authorities about relocation routes and centers
- If your area is flood prone consider alternatives to carpets
- Prepare an emergency kit
- Prepare a household flood plan
- Keep a list of emergency telephone numbers on display
- Check your insurance policy to see if you are covered for flood damage?
It is important to contact a restoration company within the first 24 hours of a flooded home or business, so we can fully restore your home or business to its pre-flood damage condition. However, waiting more than 48 hours to begin the restoration and flood damage mitigation process increases the chance that the flooded home or business will incur damage. Call SERVPRO of West Akron at 330-867-5723 for immediate assistance to clean up and restore your home or business from water damage caused by flooding.